MIsSION AND OBJECTIVES
MARCH’s mission is to educate, motivate, and empower citizens to recognize and fight for their basic civil rights, raise a tolerant open Lebanese society in order to foster diversity and equality and reach a genuine reconciliation among the various communities.
Committed to civic responsibility and creative thinking, MARCH seeks to foster in the Lebanese society a more participatory and collaborative community.
In its current strategy and projects, March is currently focusing on fighting for the right to freedom of expression (and fighting censorship), women’s rights, and diversity and conflict resolution activities.
We aim to:
Educate, motivate and empower the youth on the importance of freedom of expression
- Raise awareness among the Lebanese society about the importance of the right of free expression
- Militate to translate this right to free expression into laws that will respect it.
Instill a genuine respect and acceptance of differences
- Raise a tolerant open society and work on a genuine reconciliation among the various communities in Lebanon through creative campaigning, awareness-raising initiatives and focused projects involving dialogue sessions, debate sessions, workshops, and mediation sessions in tense environments.
- Raise a liberal society that respects the law through civic education and civic awareness.
Expose the negative effect of censorship on society
-Inform the public about any censorship case related to art and culture in order to hold the government accountable for its actions and decisions.
- Fight censorship in all its form on all kind of artistic and cultural works, including lobbying for a new law
Fight for women’s rights as a precondition of an open, tolerant and equal society
-Raise awareness on the issues and discrimination facing women in Lebanon, such as domestic violence
-Advocate laws that will ensure women’s rights are protected.
Founding Member - General Coordinator
Youth Networking and Events Coordinator