MIsSION AND OBJECTIVES
MARCH’s mission is to "Educate, motivate, and empower the Lebanese society to recognize its right to freedom of expression, instill a genuine respect and acceptance of differences, and expose the negative effect of censorship on society".
We aim to:
Educate, motivate and empower the youth
- Raise awareness among the Lebanese society about the importance of the right of free expression
- Militate to translate this right to free expression into laws that will respect it.
Instill a genuine respect and acceptance of differences
- Raise a tolerant open society and work on a genuine reconciliation among the various communities in Lebanon through creative campaigning, awareness-raising initiatives and focused projects involving dialogue sessions, debate sessions, workshops, and mediation sessions in tense environments.
- Raise a liberal society that respects the law through civic education and civic awareness.
Expose the negative effect of censorship on society
- Inform the public about any censorship case related to art and culture in order to hold the government accountable for its actions and decisions.
- Fight censorship in all its form on all kind of artistic and cultural works, including lobbying for a new law
We focus our efforts on the youth, who are our best hope for positive change in leadership and who will drive Lebanon’s future.
Founding Member - General Coordinator
Youth Networking and Events Coordinator